Mommy Makeover procedures at Restore SD Plastic Surgery
Pregnancy can dramatically alter the look and feel of your body
Customize Your Mommy Makeover
- Breast Augmentation – Breast augmentation uses implants to increase the size and improve the shape of your breasts. You will work closely with your Restore SD surgeon to design a plan that provides you with the breasts and silhouette you want. We offer a wide variety of implant options to help you achieve a look that nicely complements your frame
- Tummy Tuck –
Tummy tuck surgery implements tissue removal and muscle tightening to help restore a firmer abdominal contour. A standard tummy tuck addresses excess skin accumulation from the navel to the pubic mound and provides muscle tightening. Other women may benefit from a mini tummy tuck that focuses on the muscles and improves minor skin laxity. Still, others may want a more dramatic result and opt for an extended procedure that maximizes skin removal, tightens the muscles, and uses liposuction to smooth the flanks and hips..
- Breast Lift – Breast lift surgery treats multiple degrees of sagging, which cannot be improved with implants. The breast tissue is lifted and repositioned as your Restore SD surgeon carefully crafts a more youthful and perky breast appearance. Breast lifts are commonly performed in conjunction with augmentations for patients who wish to increase their bust size in addition to ridding their breasts of a noticeable droop.
- Liposuction– Liposuction uses gentle vacuum suction to eliminate excess fat from multiple areas of the body. While it can improve the contour of your arms, back, thighs, bra line, and neck, liposuction is often used along the stomach and flanks to improve the abdominal contour. It can enhance the definition of your hips and rejuvenate the overall shape of your physique.
Things to know
- Recovery – The extent of your recovery will vary depending on the type and number of procedures you undergo. Most patients will experience bruising and swelling along their treatment area. After two weeks, most patients are able to return to regular activities, like work. However, you will need to limit your physical activities, such as heavy lifting or exercise, for four to six weeks. Your surgeon will advise when it is safe to resume all activities. Major swelling should subside within six to eight weeks
- Scars – Breast and abdominal procedures use thin, well-placed incisions designed to limit visible scarring. However, scar development varies based on the patient’s natural healing abilities. Scars take nine to 12 months to fully mature, and scar care with the Restore SD team will be an important part of recovery.
- Cost – The price of Mommy Makeover varies between patients depending on the type and number of procedures performed. Factors such as surgical fees, facility fees, and anesthesia fees can all affect the ultimate cost of your procedure. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation..
- Pain – Anesthesia prevents pain during your surgery, and oral pain medicine is used to prevent discomfort following your surgery. Most discomfort only lasts several days.
When you arrive at Restore SD Plastic Surgery to discuss Mommy Makeover, your Restore SD surgeon will perform a detailed examination as well as review your medical history and any medications you are taking. If you are undergoing breast augmentation and are over 40 years of age or have a strong family history of breast cancer, a recent mammogram will be requested. Breast procedure patients will have photos taken with our VECTRA® 3D imaging system, and treatment areas and options will be discussed while viewing your photos series. With our state-of-the-art Canfield software, potential surgical results can be viewed and adjustments can be made, helping you to visualize possible outcomes.
The surgeons at Restore SD Plastic Surgery have over a decade of experience with cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. In addition to being fully credentialed, we take the time to listen to your goals and partner with you to develop the best and safest surgical plan that will optimize your results and leave you looking and feeling your best.
It is important to ask if your surgeon is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery. As board-certified plastic surgeons at Restore SD, we have years of training and expertise in breast and body surgery that cannot be imitated by short courses and alternative certifications. Ensure that your surgeon is proficient in the procedure(s) you want. The American Board of Plastic Surgery is one of 23 members of the American Board of Medical Specialties. These specialties represent the traditional core of fully trained specialists. Alternative boards have come up over the last several years to lend legitimacy to incompletely trained or poorly trained practitioners. Accept nothing less than a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who preferably is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
No two women have the same issues following pregnancy or the same body type. The surgeons at Restore SD believe in working with the individual patient to design a treatment plan that addresses their specific needs, meets their goals, and highlights their body in the best way.
Mommy Makeover is performed as an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia to ensure your comfort and safety.
We suggest you allow your body to properly heal following your pregnancy. You can experience changes for up to one year after the birth of a child. You should attempt to lose weight naturally and shouldn’t plan to have any more children in the future. Most Mommy Makeover occurs at least six months to a year after pregnancy.
Unfortunately, scarless surgery does not exist yet. Your Restore SD surgeons will educate you about post-op scar management. A surgical scar will take nine to 12 months to fully mature. Your scar will go through changes during the healing process, and your Restore SD team will help you manage this part of your recovery. This can consist of sun avoidance (no topless beaches for six to nine months!), scar massage, scar cream, and fractionated laser treatments.
With a trained and experienced mammographer, breast implants will not interfere with the quality of your mammograms. Also, multiple studies have shown that breast implants don’t increase your risk of developing breast cancer, nor do they prevent early detection. If you are over the age of 40, you should receive routine breast cancer screenings.
If you have close friends or relatives who have had breast or body surgery, start there! A personal story of their journey may guide you toward questions to ask your surgeon, and having someone with a shared experience is invaluable. Educate yourself by reading our procedure page and viewing our educational videos. Other sources of information include RealSelf and WebMD. And remember to wear a button-down front opening shirt on the day of surgery so that your post-operative experience does not include wrestling a shirt over your head!
Having surgery means a commitment to an appropriate recovery. We recommend scheduling your surgery on a date that allows enough time to recover and gradually return to your normal activities. Flying, driving long distances, or leaving the immediate area are not recommended until you have been cleared by your surgeon. If you have specific travel needs or require advice for emergency travel soon after a procedure, please let us know, and we will be glad to discuss the details with you.