Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) procedures at Restore SD Plastic Surgery
The Spectrum Laser IPL offers the latest in light-based aesthetic treatments, allowing multiple types of customized services to be performed with the same device.
Whether you’re looking to remove unwanted hair, treat acne or revitalize the skin, the experts at Restore SD Plastic Surgery. Are you unhappy with damaged or dull skin Are you experiencing the appearance of uneven skin tone, fine lines, wrinkles, or age spots? If you are looking for an effective method for replenishing the look and feel of skin on your face, neck, or chest, IPL photo rejuvenation treatments could be the solution you have been searching for.
What is IPL?
What Can the Spectrum Laser/IPLTreat?
- Skin resurfacing – Photofacials with our IPL removes the outermost damaged layers of skin, allowing new, healthier skin cells to take their place. This treatment can address common concerns such as dark spots, fine lines, and rough textured skin.
- Pigmented lesion removal – Intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy is often seen as the gold standard for the treatment of pigmented lesions such as sunspots. The light energy is absorbed by concentrated areas of melanin, which are then broken down by the body over time
- Acne treatment – IPL therapy can be used to eradicate the acne-causing bacteria and reduce the redness that comes with acne inflammation
- Hair removal – Unwanted hair, while troublesome, can, fortunately, be removed from almost any area of the body. The Spectrum Laser uses an 810nm diode laser to remove and permanently reduce body hair. The laser can be adjusted to allow for both small and large areas to be treated fast and effectively on all skin types.
- Tattoo removal – Thanks to advances in medical technology, tattoos aren’t as permanent as they used to be. If you’re experiencing regret over one or more tattoos, the Spectrum Q-switched laser can help you get rid of them for good. Laser tattoo removal works by targeting the pigment within the ink of your tattoos, allowing them to be broken down and absorbed by the body.
Am I a Good Candidate for Spectrum IPL?
Candidacy will depend on the exact treatment you are looking to undergo and your skin type. Treatments take place in office with either cryocooling or numbing cream applied for comfort. Most treatments last about 30 minutes with results that are noticeable following each session. Your skin may be red and warm after treatment for 1-3 days and areas of pigmentation may flake more than the surrounding skin. Depending on the current condition of your skin, a series of 3-5 treatments are suggested for optimal results. We recommend avoiding sun exposure immediately before and after treatments for the best healing.
Learn More About Spectrum Laser IPL at Restore SD
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Quiz
Not sure which intense pulsed light (IPL) procedure is right for you?