Facelift & Necklift procedures at Restore SD Plastic Surgery
Over time, our faces lose their youthful glow and fullness and start to show signs of aging.
As you age, time, environmental toxins, stress, and sun exposure all contribute to the breakdown of collagen and elastin, which are critical components of supple, young skin. Wrinkles and sagging of the jowls and neck can contribute to looking tired or old. Although there are many non-invasive facial rejuvenation options available today, the gold standard remains the facelift (rhytidectomy). Facelift and neck lift surgery specifically target both the surface and deep causes of facial aging. A facelift, or rhytidectomy (literally “removal of wrinkles”), removes excess sagging skin, tightens the underlying facial tissue, and redrapes the facial skin to restore a youthful, refreshed appearance.
What type of breasts do you desire?
- Fullness – You may choose breast augmentation because your breasts lack attractive fullness. Factors such as implant type, position, and profile will affect the size of your breasts and where the fullness occurs. Increasing the size of your breasts can restore the soft, feminine appearance you may be looking for.
- Balance – Breasts that are too small for your frame can create unbalanced proportions. For women with curvier hips, small breasts can lead to a triangle-shaped body rather than the more desired hourglass shape. Enhancing your bustline can create subtle, attractive curves and improve the overall balance of your physique
- Symmetry – It’s common to have breasts that are slightly different sizes. Asymmetry is naturally occurring and is present in a significant number of women. Since we tailor all procedures to the patient, adjustments can be made to treat asymmetry and provide a more symmetrical and even breast appearance.
- Confidence – Deciding to undergo breast augmentation should be for personal reasons. Lacking confidence in the appearance of your body can have a negative impact on other areas of your life. Enhancing your physique rather than dramatically changing it can create the beauty and body you’ve always wanted while improving your confidence and comfort.
Your Facial Rejuvenation Options
A standard facelift is best suited for patients with sagging tissue from the cheeks to the jawline...More
A mini facelift is designed to treat patients with localized aging around the jawline...More
A neck lift may be performed as a standalone procedure or in combination with other facelift techniques...More
Fat grafting is an important part of facelift surgery to restore volume to areas that have thinned or sagged with aging or weight loss...More
What Do You Desire?
- Definition – Excess skin along the jawline and neck can obscure the attractive definition of the face. By removing excess tissue, we are able to sculpt the jaw and enhance the cheekbones, restoring a youthful contour to the face and the slim line of your neck.
- Youthfulness-The goal of facelift and neck lift surgery is to highlight the youthful tone and contours of your face, erasing years from your appearance. While it doesn’t halt the aging process entirely, patients who choose surgery notice a more youthful quality in their appearance for many years.
- Confidence – Losing the quality and beauty of your skin can have a major impact on your confidence and how you view yourself. Choosing facelift and/or neck lift surgery won’t alter your unique facial characteristics but can enhance your natural beauty and restore the confidence of your inner self.
Things to Know
- Recovery – You will experience bruising and swelling around the face. After two to three weeks, you should be able to return to regular activities and work. However, more strenuous activities, like exercise, will be limited for four to six weeks. Your Restore SD surgeon will advise when it is safe to resume all activities. Major swelling should subside within six to eight weeks.
- Cost – The price of facelift and/or neck lift surgery varies between patients depending on the extent of correction required. Factors such as surgical fees, facility fees, and anesthesia fees can all affect the ultimate cost of your procedure. A detailed quote will be provided during your consultation.
- Scars-Your surgeon will use discreetly placed incisions to limit visible scarring. However, scar development varies based on the patient’s natural healing abilities. Scars take nine to 12 months to fully mature, and scar care with the Restore SD team will be an important part of recovery.
- Pain – Anesthesia prevents pain during your surgery, and oral pain medicine is used to alleviate discomfort following your surgery. Most discomfort only lasts for a few days following surgery
Before & After Gallery
What happens at my facelift consultation?
When you arrive at Restore SD Plastic Surgery to discuss facelift and/or neck lift surgery, your Restore SD surgeon will perform a detailed examination as well as review your medical history and any medications you are taking. You will have photos taken with our VECTRA® 3D imaging system and discuss treatment areas and options while viewing your photo series. This ensures you can address all areas of concern with your surgeon. With our state-of-the-art Canfield software, potential surgical results can be viewed and adjustments can be made, helping you to visualize possible outcomes. After an evaluation of your facial rejuvenation needs, your surgeon will make a recommendation as to which technique is best suited for you.
Why should I choose Restore SD Plastic Surgery?
The surgeons at Restore SD Plastic Surgery have over a decade of experience with cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. In addition to being fully credentialed, we take the time to listen to your goals and partner with you to develop the best and safest surgical plan that will optimize your results and leave you looking and feeling your best.
How do I choose a surgeon for facelift and neck lift surgery?
It is important to ask if your surgeon is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery. As board-certified plastic surgeons at Restore SD, we have years of training and expertise in facial surgery that cannot be imitated by short courses and alternative certifications. Ensure that your surgeon is proficient in the procedure(s) you want. The American Board of Plastic Surgery is one of 23 member boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties. These specialties represent the traditional core of fully trained specialists. Alternative boards have come up over the last several years in an attempt to lend legitimacy to incompletely trained or poorly trained practitioners. Accept nothing less than a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who preferably is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
hat type of anesthesia is used during facelift and neck lift surgery?
Facelift and/or neck lift surgery are performed as outpatient procedures under general anesthesia to ensure your comfort and safety.
What if I have aging in my upper face?
Facelift surgery doesn’t address issues of the upper face. You can choose to combine brow lift surgery or eyelid surgery with your facelift to improve upper facial aging.
Will a facelift improve wrinkles? What can help smooth my wrinkles?
A facelift may provide some minor improvement in surface wrinkles around the nose and mouth, but it is designed to treat skin laxity. If you have concerns with wrinkles, even after your facelift, routine injectable treatments and laser resurfacing can help you achieve smoother skin.
How long do the results of facelift surgery last?
Facelift surgery is very durable and will provide many years of a refreshed and youthful look. Over time, skin laxity and aging will contribute to some subtle relaxation of the facial features, and a little touch-up years down the road may be desired. There are many factors that determine the length of time that a surgical procedure lasts, and your Restore SD surgeon will discuss a comprehensive aftercare program that includes sun protection and skin care.
How much time off work should I take after facelift or neck lift surgery?
Depending on your profession, you should expect to take two to four weeks off from work. You will not be able to drive until you are no longer taking narcotic pain medications. You will need a ride home after having general anesthesia and to have a friend or family member stay with you for the first night and a day or two if possible.
How do I minimize post-operative scarring after facelift or neck lift surgery?
Unfortunately, scarless surgery does not exist yet. Your Restore SD surgeons will educate you about post-op scar management. A surgical scar will take nine to 12 months to fully mature. Your scar will go through changes during the healing process, and your Restore SD team will help you manage this part of your recovery. This can consist of sun avoidance, scar massage, scar cream, and fractionated laser treatments.
Facelift & Necklift Quiz
Not sure which facelift & necklift procedure is right for you?